Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 1, 2015

Mother in Laws

Today is Jane's Birthday.
In the lottery of Mother in Laws, I hit the jackpot. Not don't get me wrong, I give her a hard time, and joke with her, but I do love her so much.
When  I first met Jane, she told me that I could call her "mom", but I told her I already had a mom. I was not looking for another mother, so she became my JANE. 
Jane worked in the nursery at the hospital in Clarksville for over 30 years. She loves babies. I remember worrying that she would try to tell me how to take care of "my" baby, but she was never that way. She was so kind to me, so patient, so willing to let me make my own mistakes of parenthood. I cannot tell you how appreciative I am of that. But in the same sense, when I was smart enough to swallow my pride, she was there to help me. My daughter is truly blessed to have Grandma Jane in her life. Looking back now, I wish I would have shared my daughter more with Jane. The insecurities of being a new parent took over, but Jane never chastised me for them.
I can't say enough how much I love this woman like a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment