Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 16, 2012

Featured Senior - Hali Poplin

Over the next few months, I am going to be featuring some of the seniors of 2012 that have really inspired me as a person and/or as an artist.
Hali Poplin has to be first. The minute she came into the studio, we connected. Hali came to see me several weeks before her session and we talked about some ideas she wanted to make sure and use to portray her story.
Hali lives with her Grandmother.  Hali told me "She has had really hard times all her life, but has always persevered. She puts God and family first and has taught us all how to love."  Her Grandmother is also a breast cancer survivor. We surprised her by photographing the two of them together with a pink ribbon binding their hands together. Yes, we were all crying when we saw the image.
I asked Hali which teacher of all your schooling so far has helped you the most? "That's a hard one. I'd have to probably say Mr. Gamble for helping me realize my love for acting, managing, and the stage! He's deff helped me come out of my shell and be able to express myself clearer (without as hick of a voice haha. I can actually say a few more words correctly thanks to him)"
Hali is planning on going to BHSLR. (Baptist Hospitals School Little Rock) She is planning on majoring in Nursing. I'm going to go to BHSLR for my RN degree then transfer for another year to receive my BSN. She has such a loving spirit about her, I think she will make a great nurse.
We talked alot about travel and I asked her if you could travel to any country in the world, where would it be? "Hum..that's hard, I'd like to travel everywhere. I'd narrow it down to Europe, I know that’s not a country but oh well, because I love the history and culture, but I'd love to go to Africa, again I know that’s not a country, I’m to indecisive for this question, and do missionary work. My hopeful plan is to be a nurse and when I go over to Africa be able to help people that way." Her four friends she would take with her would be  Hunter, Jordan, Laura V., and Alex. "Hunter and Alex are almost like my kids in advisory (homeroom) and Jordan I’ve known for a few years and I know they’d make it a blast! Laura has my attitude, I’d need help dealing with the boys, and loves culture and history like I do. We’d have so much fun traveling together."
What was the most exciting thing about her Senior Year? "Wow, that's a hard one. I've loved my senior year. I guess it'll probably be graduating because that is what I've worked for for 13 years to complete and I'm finally going to! It's a bitter sweet moment, happy that I'm graduating and moving on, but the regular routine you’re used to is gone and you’re moving on to the next chapter of your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment