Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Sharing your Gifts




I truly believe that God gives us all gifts. I am so blessed to be able to create images for a living. I love holding sweet little newborns and getting them to sleep for perfect photos. I love conversations with three year olds, and teenagers.
One of the projects we do while in Guatemala is professionally photograph all the kids and house parents at Shadow of His Wings Orphanage in Monjas, Guatemala. Our team helps us, then we a print made for every child before we leave. It is not that these kids don't get pictures made of them, but 99% of the snapshots that are taken of them stay on the phone/or camera. The fact is, they will never be able to show their kids or grandkids those images on some gringo's phone.
My gift is to make images. My other gift is to make those images into something that can be passed down for several generations.
Me and my nephew Devin playing while waiting for the kids.

Mark taking photos while JT works the reflector.

Hugo and Maritza - the brave house parents to the boys home, and to whom I am so thankful for being
house parents to my Jazmín for many years.


No comments:

Post a Comment