Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Birthday Greeter

 One thing I love about the Guatemalan culture is the openness and hugs. This sweet lady lives in a nursing home in Monjas, Guatemala. Fortunately, I have visited her a couple of times. I know she will be the first to hug me and announce that it is her birthday. Then she will take me by the arm and talk to me in Spanish - of which I will only be able to pick out a few words. Then she will go to all my other friends on my mission team and make them feel just a welcome. Blessings like this are truly a gift from God. I don't know if she knows how much impact she has on us. But just seeing the joy she has in greeting her "friends" not strangers, and enjoying every day being her birthday is something beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment