Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Didi - Joy where you don't expect it

It is no surprise that when you go on a mission trip, that your eyes will be opened to all kinds of things that are out of your norm.  But sometimes it is not what you expect.
I have seen poverty. I have seen children that are malnourished. I have seen living conditions that I cannot imagine how humans could survive. It breaks my heart, works on my compassion, makes me feel so very blessed, and makes me question "why is my life like this, and their's like that". That answer only comes in pieces when God allows me to return as His hands and feet.
What you don't expect to see is a little girl with a twisted little body so happy to have visitors. When we went into the concrete one room home that neighbors had provided for Didi and her mother and sisters, Didi's eyes lit up. While part of the team explained to her mom how to use the clean water filter we had brought them, I sat on Didi's bed and held her hands. I am not sure what she suffers from, maybe Cerebral Palsy, but she is bound to her bed. She wanted to see herself on the camera.
I know this is not the life her momma would chose for her kiddos. But I was inspired by Didi's smile, buy her warmness, and by her momma's dedication to her daughter with so many needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment