Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Down By the Creek

I was a country kid for sure. We had a creek that run through my parents farm and emptied into the pond, and then started back up again at the run off. That is the creek where my older brothers put me in a wash tub and played "Baby Moses" with me when I was much too young to be playing "Baby Moses". It was where I learned to catch crawdads, and went barefoot with my pants rolled up to my knees.
When we bought our home, I was so pleased it had a creek running through it. I was pregnant when we moved in, and knew my own kid would love playing there one day.
Now, once a year, we open the creek up for a special "Down By the Creek" portrait promotion, so lots of kids can enjoy playing in the creek, getting muddy, and I get the opportunity to capture those sweet childhood images for beautiful prints.
 This year DBTC will be April 27 and 28th. Call to reserve you session time. Dig out the denim overalls, or jeans and plain T - Shirt, and also bring a clean DRY set of clothes to change into. Yes - THERE WILL BE MUD!  479-885-3835

No comments:

Post a Comment