Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

On the Wall

I know we live in a digital age. I examine image after image, after image on my computer monitor. I search the web to study photography art that I like. My phone has the latest images of my daughter, neices and nephews to show off - not to mention way too many of my dogs.
But, when I am sitting on the couch at night, I look up at the wall and see my baby being held by a much younger me - and I smile.  I look at our family pictures hanging on the wall, and remember that the dogs were acting up, and my hair was not really doing right, and other little details from the day - and I smile.  When I go to my sister's house to pick my mom up, I always take notice of my Daddy's picture hanging up looking back at me, and I smile.  I do all this smiling without opening my Ipad, searching my phone, booting my computer, or finding a web address. It is effortless, and in a passing moment reminds me of people I love. 
Take the time to make sure you have beautiful images on your wall. 
This image is a quick snapshot of the Canvas Gallery Wrapped prints above the couch in our studio. You can see that even these 36 inch art prints fit onto this wall nicely. And of course, I personally think you should have a dog to sit on the couch under your beautiful prints. Hahaha

To get some ideas about decorating with family photos go to
http://www.lhj.com/style/decorating/makeovers/decorating-with-family-photos/

1 comment: