Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 6, 2012

Delta School pre jitters

I hate not being able to sleep. That is the worst part of traveling, and being away from my family and doggies. When I can't sleep at home, I can go lay on the couch with the princess's - Zeba, and the of course, Jack, the GSP had to get him a spot on the couch, and before I go to sleep watching some sitcom rerun, the cat usually plants himself close by. But now I am laying here going over conversations I had last night with a wonderful group of photographers at Delta School. All of us here to improve our craft, and all of us from different backgrounds, different experience levels, different styles, and personalities. I would say I am right in the middle. This is my twelveth year in business. At home, in my own studio, I feel confident, knowledgable, all big fishy. But when I get the opportunity to hands on learn new techniques, or perfect techniques from other talented photographers, I start feeling small, a little uncomfortable. The great thing is that after 12 years, I know that growth happens during discomfort, and these people are here to help me, if I will just be open and let them. Plus, with a small group like Delta School, you also get to know everyone, and realize we all go through these same insecurities from time to time. Hopefully, after a sleepless night, and with all the intense class work today, tonight will be filled with sweet sleep... Or I will be blogging about high speec sync...

No comments:

Post a Comment