Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Take me Home to my Childhood

I grew up in the country. I rode a school bus down dusty roads, idolized the older kids, and loved when I got to go their houses.  Jewelletta was my cousin's friend, an older girl, basketball star. Her stop was at the end of the dirt road, next to Tater Hill.  I used to play in her neighbor's creek, catch crawdads, wade around with pants rolled up. It is a great memory.

So a few weeks ago, I get a call about Senior photos. The mom's name was Jewelletta, a name I had not heard in a long time. But this kid was from Shiloh, so it couldn't be the same person. The more we talked, I though she sounded familiar. Then when we made plans for the location, I was so excited!! I was going back to a wonderful childhood place to photograph Josh and his family at his Grandmother's place close to Tater Hill.

Jewelletta was the same as I remembered, and her son and husband was great to work with. Josh has a great dry sense of humor - the kind I can connect to. What special photos these will be as they are passed down through the generations with the family property in the background.




No comments:

Post a Comment