Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Horse Person Wannabe


I am one of those "horse people wannabe". What I mean, is that I love the idea of having horses. I love the smell of horses, the feel of their strong bodies, the flicks of their ears. I enjoy sitting high on a saddle, the rhythm of the ride. I love the feel of their soft noses, and the sounds they make.

I grew up having a horse, and spent one glorious summer riding every day with my cousin before she moved back to Washington. I was feeling nostalgic about my horses one day and asked a friend in Clarksville if I could come and photograph her two horses. They are beautiful, and I love the images I got.

Back to the "wannabe".... I know that I don't have the time dedication to train and ride a horse the way they need. I don't like going out in the cold, or when it is really hot. Pulling a trailer scares the fire out of me. I no longer have the confidence my 14 year old self had to handle a horse.

I will just be content to feed the neighbor's horses some carrots from time to time to get a whiff of that wonderful smell, and maybe climb on the back of one every great once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment