Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Claire

Do you know we offer gift certificates?  Most of the ones we sell are for The Baby Steps program, and are usually given at a baby shower. One of my wonderful clients called me and ordered a Baby Steps gift certificate for her nephew (Jarod) and his wife (Sarah) - but I didn't recognize the last name.
To my wonderful surprise, I have known Sarah for many years. For a while when I was volunteering at Needy Paws Animal Shelter, we had a youth program where I taught young people to train dogs. Sarah, her sister, and cousin came every Monday with their precious Grandma, who I knew from my dog grooming business. Sarah was always very intuitive with working with the dogs.  So it did not surprise me, that she is such a good mommy. I loved watching her with Claire. But I think I loved seeing Jarod with Claire even more - there is just something so special and unique about Daddies that are totally in love with their babies. I think we expect it from Mommies, but it still gets me all emotional to see it with good men.
I love that Sarah brought the quilt her Grandma had made for photos. I was sad to find out that she had passed away last year. I am sure she would have loved playing with Claire.
So I am so exited to see this little family grow over the next year!  I can't wait till the later sessions when we can incorporate their sweet Airdale Terrier into the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment