Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Finally ready to Share

Twenty years ago this week, I was feeling extremely large and definitely not beautiful.  I was about to give birth to my daughter.  The thought of maternity photos was not a nice one.  But my husband Mark was learning portrait photography.  We had a room in our home where he had studio lights set up to perfect his love of photography.  He asked me to do maternity photos, and I said "no". He begged me to do maternity photos, and I agreed.  I have never regretted that decision. I didn't know a the time that I would only have one child.


Until today, only a few people have seen any of my maternity photos. They were beautiful, personal, and I have looked over them for 20 years now. And I think they are beautiful. I am ready to share a few of them, especially for the ladies that are not sure they want maternity photos.  At the time these were taken, all I could see was the big pregnant woman I felt like, even though people told me I looked good. I was healthier then and any other time in my life.  My only regret now, is that my sweet husband was not a part of these photos.

The two little dogs that were in our lives at the moment served as the "sibling" poses. We are "those" people who refer to our dogs as children.  Vixen, the Papillion  always fluttered around my belly when I was pregnant. After Natalia was born, she fluttered around her sleeping baby, keeping just enough distance to stay out of hair grabbing reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment