Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Passport photos

Did you know that I do passport photos at Hardgrave Photography?  Passports are not a big part of my business, but I do a few a month. But be prepared for me to be nosy about where you are going. I love to travel and love to hear about other people's travels. The cost is only $15 and takes about 15 minutes.
Tanzania, Africa

Until 2008, I had never been outside of the USA. I had not even seriously thought about traveling to a foreign country - then my life was changed. 

In 2008, my daughter, Natalia, was old enough to go on the church mission trip to Mexico, and I was not going to let her go without me. I had doubts and fears, but I just really wanted to go. I had heard stories from other people that had gone, and it sounded like a cool thing to do. I had also heard the "horror" stories about Mexico, all from people who had never been there in person, and only got their information from the news channels.  I prayed, overcame the doubts, went, and a whole new world opened up to me.

Antigua, Guatemala
I am ready to travel the world now!  Mexico, Tanzania, and Guatemala have already been visited, with plans to visit them all again, and Peru is on the list this year. I had a 85 year old woman come in last spring to have her passport photo done. She told me that she doesn't get to travel much anymore, but keeps her passport up to date  "just in case the opportunity comes up".  I think that is great advice that I will do also.

If you are considering getting a passport, here are a few links you can use to get the ball rolling.



 
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports.html

Acuña, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment